Monday, April 30, 2007

Its package day at sunneshine...

Two fun packages came today!!

I got the red cross knit kit for servicemens socks and the vintage red cross pattern from my Grandma. She was a volunteer for the Red Cross for years and received the Clara Barton award a couple years ago. These fun vintage kits are fundraisers to support emergency response funds. My grandmother taught me to knit, and is very proud of my knitting. Thanks Mubs!!
(My grandmother does not use a computer and will not go online, so I will have to print this out and send it to her...)

The other package is my PRGE package!! So much fun, thanks Spinalcat!! There is some great Tofu sock yarn, which I am really excited about (anyone else noticing a sock theme today?)
Some patterns to go with the yarn - always helpful! Some great little magnets that she made herself (not shown since they are already being used!) A mixed box of pecans from Austin, where she is - mr.sunneshine will now be grateful to Spinalcat, too! And a cute card with her reveal!
Thanks so much Amy aka Spinalcat aka Una!!
(Oh, and in her reveal card, she mentioned that she is going to be a test knitter for SWTC - how cool is that!!)

Happy Knitting!!

4 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

I am so glad that you mentioned the red cross kit! I just heard of this from someone at my lys.....how cool! And how cool that your grandma had the pattern! (and taught you to knit)!

DAWN said...

You have been a bad bad girl. Look at all that stash you stocked up on. What is wrong with you? (now that I have berated you and made you feel a bit guilty--wow!! I need to go breath into a paper bag now.

Shadkitty said...

I am totally in love with that Red Cross kit, I have been eyeing it for AGES. Why haven't I bought one yet?

BEESTLYproducts said...

awww! cute. You have to tell me how the tofu sock yarn works out, i want to try some, but haven't ordered any yet.