Saturday, April 14, 2007

I am so close...

I am so close on the hush dress, but so scared that I am going to mess up the feather and fan lace (and it is over the bust so it would be noticable if it wasn't right) that it is taking me forever!! Mr.sunneshine is going on an early mountain bike ride tomorrow morning, so that should give me three or four hours of peace and quiet in which to finish it!

Last night mr.sunneshine came home and announced that one of his co-worker's wifes water broke and then came the sheepish look followed by "We need a small pink baby hat, please, if you don't mind..." So I pulled through the stash and this organic patagonia cotton in dusty pink looked good. I hope they like it!

Finally, its a long story, but I have ended up with two gianormous skeins of lace weight acrylic yarn (in exchange for all the rest of my lions brand and eyelash yarn in my stash). I have a million lace weight shawls that I want to do These skeins may be for a knitting machine, since I have never seen hand knitting yarn in such large skeins. There has to be between 10 and 20 thousand yards per cone. I have always been a yarn snob and have never knit with acrylic, at least not in lace weight. Is there anything that I should know? - will it hand knit the same as merino, alpaca or cashmere? It certainly is soft... Any suggestions or comments would be much appreciated!!

6 comments:

DAWN said...

Way too cute dusty pink baby hat. Congrats to the lucky parents.

SpinalCat said...

I've heard of some people ironing acrylic after knitting to "kill" it and make it drape nicely. Might be worth trying on a lace swatch since you've got so much yarn!

BEESTLYproducts said...

hehe. how cute.

a friend to knit with said...

Those parents are going to love their baby in that hat! too sweet!
I am not sure about that yarn, but you can be knitting from that for years! :)

pins&needles said...

Cute baby hat! I waited too long to knit baby stuff for my friends and now their kids are getting too big for tiny knits. I still make them stuff though.

Obsidian Kitten said...

oh, the hat is awesome!